University of Warwick Jobs 2017 – Research Fellow, UK
University of Warwick is a plate glass research university in Coventry, England. It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand access to higher education. Warwick Business School was established in 1967 and Warwick Medical School was opened in 2000. Warwick merged with Coventry College of Education in 1979 and Horticulture Research International in 2004.
University of Warwick is seeking to appoint a full-time post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Physics. Dr Emma MacPherson has recently joined the Ultrafast and Terahertz Photonics group at the University of Warwick and seeking one ambitious post-doctoral researcher to join her team.
Job Title: Research Fellow
Job Location: University of Warwick, Coventry
Educational Qualification: PhD degree in Physics or Engineering or a related Physical Science.
Experience: Experience in terahertz imaging and spectroscopy will be a strong advantage
Salary: £29,799-£38,833 per annum
- Carry out research relating to the development of THz imaging and spectroscopy techniques for various applications.
- Design or use analytical tools to simulate and/or model terahertz data.
- Conduct terahertz imaging and spectroscopy experiments
- Develop algorithms for analysing terahertz data
- Write up research work for publication in refereed journals.
- Communicate (orally and in writing) research results, e.g. for conferences.
- Continually update own knowledge and understanding in the research field.
- Assist in the supervision of graduate students.
- May contribute to preparing proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding to support a developing research agenda.
- Administration and Other Activities
- Ensure compliance with health and safety in all aspects of work.
- Work within budget constraints.
How to Apply: An application form MUST be completed if you wish to be considered for this post. Applicants should also submit a signed covering letter with a concise description of their research accomplishments & interests and relevant technical experience, as well as a CV including a full publication list.
Informal enquiries about this post can be made to Dr Emma MacPherson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last Date for Apply: 2 January 2018