University of Colorado Jobs 2017 – Research Assistant, US
University of Colorado system is a system of public universities in Colorado consisting of four campuses: University of Colorado Boulder, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, University of Colorado Denver in downtown Denver and at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. It is governed by the elected, nine-member Board of Regents of the University of Colorado.
University of Coloroda – Anschutz Medical Campus has invited applications for the recruitment of Professional Research Assistant in the Department of Rheumatology. The position will be part of the TIP-RA research study which is an observational research study in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) looking at immunologic factors in individuals across the spectrum of the disease.
Job Title: Professional Research Assistant
Job Location: Anschutz Medical Campus, USA
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in biological science and at least six months experience working in a health care setting.
Prior blood processing lab experience, outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, work with colleagues and patients in a confidential and professional manner, experience with web-based tracking systems and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access), and must be able to work well within a larger team.
Preferred Qualification: Experience working with patients in a health care setting. Detail oriented and a positive attitude with the desire to advance research and be an invested part of a research team. Venipuncture experience desired, but willing train the right applicant.
- Primary duties include processing samples by extracting the peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs), as well as other samples (serum, plasma, RNA).
- The position will also include sample management (e.g. labelling, storage and shipping) and quality control activities.
- This position may also entail assisting in the performance of research study visits which would include meeting with participants and drawing blood.
- Other duties include data collection and entry for multiple clinical research study visits, tracking and reporting study and patient enrollment, scheduling and managing visits.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12153
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Posting Contact Name: Carissa Figal
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: 20th December 2017