University of Birmingham Jobs – Research Fellow, UK
University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It is a founding member of both the Russell Group of British research universities and the international network of research universities.
University of Birmingham – School of Biosciences has invited applications for the recruitment of Research Fellow to contribute significantly to the excellence of the ‘metabolomics ecosystem’ at the University of Birmingham, primarily contributing to the NERC Biomolecular Analysis Facility – Birmingham (NBAF-B), the UK’s national research centre for Environmental Metabolomics. Additionally, to engage with scientists in Phenome Centre Birmingham as well as Viant’s, Dunn’s and Weber’s research teams.
Job Title: Research Fellow in Bioinformatics / Biostatistics
Job Location: Birmingham
Job Type: Full Time
- Experience in the application of statistical / computational methods to the analysis of metabolomics datasets (either mass spectrometry and/or NMR spectroscopy based).
- Experience in a range of statistical analysis methods, including multivariate and univariate methods.
- Experience in programming, for example scripting in R, Python, Matlab.
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge of office safety.
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively.
Salary: £29,799 to £38,832
Last Date for Apply: 4th February 2018
Informal enquiries can be directed to Professor Mark Viant firstname.lastname@example.org