University of Birmingham Jobs – Research Fellow, UK
University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It is a founding member of both the Russell Group of British research universities and the international network of research universities.
University of Birmingham has invited applications for the recruitment of Research Fellow to create and contribute to the creation of knowledge by working on an ERC funded research project that seeks to develop sophisticated vesicular systems for biosensing applications.
Job Title: Research Fellow
Job Location: Birmingham
Educational Qualification: PhD in an area related with project: engineering, materials science, chemistry and physics.
- Prior knowledge, experience and achievements in self-assembly, vesicles, nanoreactors, reactivity of membranes, membrane coupled reactions and vesicle compartmentalization.
- High level analytical capability
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
Salary: £29,799 to £38,832
- Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research, with assistance of a mentor if required
- Contribute to writing bids for research funding
- Analyse and interpret data
- Apply knowledge in a way which develops new intellectual understanding
- Disseminate research findings for publication, research seminars etc
Last Date for Apply: 21st January 2018