UC Berkeley Jobs 2017 – Research Associate, US
University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the flagship institution of the ten research universities affiliated with the University of California system and is ranked as one of the world’s most prestigious universities and the top public university in the United States.
University of California, Berkeley has invited applications for the recruitment of Research Associate in the area of Plant Transformation and Genomics at the Innovative Genomics Institute (IGI).
Job Title: Staff Research Associate, IGI
Job Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree required (Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, or Cell Biology).
Years of Experience: 3-5 yrs experience in academic and/or industry plant genomics or transformation lab.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills (keeping track of schedule, paperwork, sample storage, and inventory).
- General computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) for keeping track of results and sharing.
Job Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible for establishing, improving, and extending plant transformation and gene editing protocols in commercial dicots in the IGI Plant Genomics and Transformation Facility (PGTF). The employee will organize and manage inter-laboratory collaboration with stakeholders at UC Berkeley and collaborating institutions, including the exchange of materials and information. The employee will also generate and maintain transgenic and genome-edited plants using DNA and RNPs. Other responsibilities include technical training of IGI PGTF researchers, facility users, and project stakeholders and collaborators.
- Research to generate transgenic plants and tissue culture lines.
- Maintenance of laboratory inventory & ordering of research supplies
- Technical training of IGI PGTF researchers, facility users, and project stakeholders and collaborators
How to Apply: Eligible candidates please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
For more information about your rights as an applicant Click Here