Rice University Jobs – Research Scientist, US
Rice University, officially William Marsh Rice University, is a private research university located on a 295-acre campus in Houston, Texas, United States. The university is situated near the Houston Museum District and is adjacent to the Texas Medical Center. Rice is generally considered the foremost university and the most selective institution of higher education in the state of Texas.
Rice University, Shared Equipment Authority – SEA has invited applications for the recruitment of Research Scientist.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job Location: Texas, United States
Educational Qualification: PhD or other Doctoral Degree. Related field such as chemistry, physics, electrical and computer engineering, or other science or engineering degree.
Years of Experience: 3 years
- More than five years of related research experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to write reports, papers, proposal sections, etc.
- Ability to present results orally to wide scientific audience at meetings locally and nationally.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Internal: Professors, Faculty Fellows, Postdocs, and students within the lab and the school for teaching and collaboration purposes.
- External: Sponsoring agencies to negotiate contracts and submit proposals.
- Other universities to collaborate on joint research programs.
Salary: $48,000 – $80,700
Job Responsibilities: The job responsibilities of a Cleanroom Research Scientist include conducting periodic and scheduled maintenance and safety check of equipment and running qualification and calibration recipes. The incumbent will be expected to maintain the highest safety standards, author and update standard operation procedures (SOPs), maintain and calibrate processes for all equipment. The Cleanroom Research Scientist will help facilitate new equipment installation, contact vendors and manufacturers and work in tandem with them to resolve equipment issues in a timely and safe manner. Efficient inventory management of parts, chemicals and supplies will be required. The Cleanroom Scientist will also oversee personal one-to-one training of users. Additionally, the incumbent will help develop cleanroom laboratory short courses that provide lectures to small groups of students. The incumbent will also coordinate with technical staff members in Rice SEA.
Start Date: 19th December 2017