MIT Jobs 2017 – Assistant Director, US
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is a private research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Founded in 1861 in response to the increasing industrialization of the United States, MIT adopted a European polytechnic university model and stressed laboratory instruction in applied science and engineering. Researchers worked on computers, radar and inertial guidance during World War II and the Cold War.
MIT – MIT Center for Precision Cancer Medicine, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research (KI), has invited applications for the recruitment of Assistant Director to assist the director in developing a world-class centre that spans disciplines, departments, and research groups. Will support and coordinate research collaborations between member laboratories, implement the educational goals of the center, and coordinate outreach and communication.
Job Title: Assistant Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Exempt
Educational Qualification: MD, Ph.D., or MD-PhD in life science, chemistry, biophysics, bioengineering, or related discipline;
Years of Experience: 5 years
- strong research history, preferably in oncology, biology, or bioengineering;
- at least five years’ program management experience, preferably in an academic research setting;
- Proven ability to coordinate and oversee program activities, day-to-day operations. and multi-investigator research programs; exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- background in scientific writing/editing;
- some financial management/accounting experience, especially with budgets; excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills and a track record of facilitating collaborations between scientists, clinicians, and supporting personnel; ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with a wide range of constituents; high-level proficiency with Mac OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator;
- experience with web development (conceptual) and web page construction and management; initiative and desire to accelerate the mission of the center;
- attention to detail;
- strong organizational, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
Job Responsibilities: The ideal candidate is passionate about building and implementing new initiatives and promoting the development of research and researchers in cancer biology and translational oncology.