ICRISAT Jobs 2017 – Scientific Officer, India
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Scientific Officer – Rythu Kosam Project. The position is based in Andhra Pradesh.This is a consolidated position for two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
Job Title: Scientific Officer – Rythu Kosam Project
Job Location: Andhra Pradesh, India
- M.Sc (Agri) / M.Sc (Hort) / M.Sc (Vet) / M.Sc in Biological Sciences with fluency in English/Telugu will be preferred
- The candidate should have aptitude and skills to draft reports & papers
- Knowledge of M.S. Office is essential
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Well versed with Computer operations and digitized reporting
- People with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Working in inter-disciplinary team in multicultural and multinational environment and the ability to interact with partner organizations
- Supervise on-farm farmer participatory action research trials in different districts of Andhra Pradesh
- Constant interactions with the farmers, researchers and Department of Agriculture officials and act as a liaison person in the district
- Travel within the district and provide technical support to the Farm Facilitators/Lead Farmers and Farmers in the district
- Record of scientific data, prepare draft reports, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots and guide technicians based in the districts
- Regular and timely reporting for district activities and update to supervisors
How to Apply: Applicants should apply on or before 1 January 2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Last Date for Apply: 1 January 2018