Deakin University Jobs 2017 – Research Assistant, Australia
Deakin University is an Australian public university with approximately 53,000 higher education students in 2016. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin. Deakin is one of Australia’s fastest growing research universities.
Deakin University has invited applications for the recruitment of Research Assistant / Personal Assistant. This position involves working as an assistant for the Professor of Violence Prevention and Addiction Studies at Deakin University, as well as with academic staff within the School of Psychology.
Job Title: Deakin University – Research Assistant
Job Location: Geelong – City
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative or similar role.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and accurate communications that are appropriate for their intended audience.
- Proven capability to work positively and effectively as part of a collaborative work team, to accommodate and work well with different working styles and to work independently where required.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and plan, and to meet rigid and conflicting demands and deadlines, along with the ability to adapt to changed priorities.
- Providing quality administrative support to the Professor of Violence Prevention and Addiction Studies.
- Extensive written and verbal communication with the School of Psychology and external collaborators.
- Administrative support for various projects and grant applications within the School of Psychology.
- Provide bookkeeping support to the team, including tracking finances and invoices for projects, and preparing monthly updates on their financial position.
How to Apply:
All applicants must provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Peter Miller, Tel: 0429 024 844
Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
Last Date for Apply: 22nd October 2017
Click Here for More Details