CSIRO Jobs 2017 – Research Scientist, Australia
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is the federal government agency for scientific research in Australia. Its chief role is to improve the economic and social performance of the industry, for the benefit of the community. CSIRO works with leading organisations around the world, and CSIRO Publishing issues journals with the latest research by leading scientists on a broad range of subjects.
CSIRO Aquaculture Program requires the services of a suitably qualified and experienced quantitative geneticist to work at the interface of quantitative genetics and industry breeding programs in the rapidly advancing aquaculture industry.
Job Title: Research Scientist – Quantitative Geneticist
Job Location: Hobart, TAS
Educational Qualification: Doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as applied breeding or quantitative genetics
- Experience in the application of quantitative genetics to commercial breeding programs and knowledge of breeding schemes and the application of selective breeding to a commercial breeding program
- Background in managing large data sets, and experience with data analysis using advanced statistical software packages
- Experience analysing and interpreting quantitative genetics data to meet the needs of commercial breeding programs
- The ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally with a variety of audiences
Salary: $95K – $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Analysing quantitative genetic data sets, and assisting to incorporate the results into commercial breeding decisions
- Contribute to the design of breeding programs and experiments to support such programs, involving quantitative genetic data
- Assist with data management and development of data management systems
- Assist in the uptake and adoption of operational applied breeding by industry through communication and development of tools and strategies
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key client representatives and research collaborators to ensure relevance and quality of research outputs
How to Apply:
Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 48302. Internal applicants, please apply via ‘Jobs Central’ in SAP (click ‘Recruitment’)
Please load your CV (Maximum 2MB). You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 for assistance. Outside Australian business hours please email: email@example.com.
Last Date for Apply: 11:59 pm AEST, Sunday 10th of December 2017.