American Institutes for Research Jobs 2017 – Researcher, US
American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR is a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects from early childhood development to adult education. AIR pride ourselves in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. AIR’s vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people.
American Institute for Research AIR’s Research and Evaluation area is seeking a Research Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC. The researcher would contribute to the development of national and international statistics about education that inform the discussion, debate and planning of decision-makers at national, state, and local levels through a contract with the National Center for Education Statistics.
Job Title: Researcher
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
Educational Qualification: PhD in education measurement, education policy, or other related social sciences field;
- Experience working with, analyzing, and publishing results from large-scale survey and assessment data with complex sampling;
- Sophisticated experience with statistical software packages such as SAS, Stata, HLM, or Mplus;
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under conditions requiring careful attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including the ability to maintain a professional and effective working relationship with project staff and clients.
- Participates in large-scale assessment research study design, analysis, quality control, and report writing activities.
- Contributes to the production of statistical reports using data collected by NCES that offer timely information on education policy issues to an audience of researchers, educators, legislatures, education agency administrators, and members of the public.
- Contributes to the identification of new topics for statistical reports based on literature searches and current policy topics.
- Does quick-turnaround special analyses as needed.
- Prepares and/or reviews data tables and figures.
- Develops presentations for professional audiences.
- Reviews data files and data documentation.
- Reviews statistical reports and technical document