Abbott Laboratories Jobs 2017 – Research Scientist, India
Abbott Laboratories is a multinational health care company with headquarters in Lake Bluff, Illinois. The company was founded by Chicago physician Wallace Calvin Abbott in 1888 to formulate known drugs; it eventually grew to also sell research-based drugs, medical devices, diagnostics, and nutritional products. It split off the research-based pharmaceuticals into Abbvie in 2013.
Abbott Laboratories has invited applications for the recruitment of Research Scientist. Interested candidates use this opportunity.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job Description: At Abbott, we’re committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
- Development of formulation using scientific rationale in use of excipients to create a reproducible prototype formulation.
- Ensure Proper documentation of every trial in the log note books and then using the information for creation of the Product Development Report for use in dossier for filing.
- Use of QbD wherever required for Product and process optimization.
- Ensure proper upkeep, maintenance and calibration of the equipment.
- Ensure scale up of the developed formulation works at engineering batch level.
- Development of the patent non-infringing strategy for product development.
- Preparation of regulatory documents for PK study and marketing approval from DCG (I).
- Preparation of Pharmaceutical Development report for Quality module of CTD.
- Literature/Patent search to create drug profile
- Prototype development with rationale use of excipients
- Pre-formulation study as may be required for formulation development
- Conduct 6 months accelerated stability studies to ensure stable formulation
- Proof of concept studies to demonstrate BE or comparative PK as the case may be
- Scale up studies at 1/10th scale or engineering batch
- Technology transfer and manufacturing of Bio/Clinical batch